How To Donate
We make it easy to give! You can donate by sending a check, you can pay by credit card or you can use Pay Pal. In addition to financial contributions, you can donate stock, vehicles, or matching funds from your employer if they offer a matching gifts program. Find the way that makes sense for you.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Double your impact if your company participates in our matching gifts program. Gifts may be matched dollar for dollar, or volunteer efforts may be monetarily matched. If your company is listed, contact your human resources department for a short application. Complete the form and send it with your donation to:
841 Kaynyne St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Our development office will verify receipt of your gift and return the form to your company for matching funds. Conditions and criteria for gift matching vary by employer, and some companies offer a payroll deduction plan. For more information, or if you are not sure if RTP qualifies for your company’s gift matching program, call us at 650.366.6597.
If you wish to donate securities, please contact us first or have your broker or banking institution contact us. We need to know which stock you are donating and when you expect to make the gift so that we can provide the proper tax receipt.
You can use the following language to request a stock transfer from your broker:
“Please transfer from my account (insert your name and account number here), (number of shares) of (name & symbol of stock).
To: Rebuilding Together Peninsula Account # MP 2319-4939, DTC Number 0164, Code 40, Charles Schwab & Co., PO Box 52114, Phoenix, AZ 85114, Attention Cashiering, Telephone: 650.614.2000.
(your name and signature here)”
Rebuilding Together Peninsula Tax ID # 94-3106209
For questions regarding stock gifts call 650.366.6597 ext. 230 or email Alie Berka , Manager, Development & Communications. Please include the words “Stock Gift” in the subject line of your email to ensure a prompt response.
Gifts of Materials
Our Construction Materials Recycling Program helps prevent usable materials from going to landfills by recycling them in our clients’ homes and facilities. We accept donations of new, gently used, and reusable construction materials. Check our wish list to see items that our projects need.
Because our warehouse space is limited, we evaluate all materials donations before they can be accepted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept all donations. Contact us at 650.366.6597 for an evaluation appointment.
We evaluate potential donations that meet the following criteria:
- Large appliances: Less than three years old. Must be energy-efficient. No dishwashers or garbage disposals are accepted.
- Bathroom fixtures: Only tubs, sinks, showers, and toilets in new or good condition are accepted in March and April. Toilets must be low-flow.
- Cabinets: Only new or gently used complete cabinet units are accepted in March and April. Units must include doors, shelving, and hardware.
- Electrical fixtures: We will take new outlets, switches, compact fluorescent bulbs, fluorescent ballasts and fixtures. We do not accept electrical parts.
- Flooring: We consider new vinyl flooring and tile remnants. Tile must be larger than 4x6”. New carpet must be clean, with no holes, and sufficient to cover a room of at least 12x12’.
- Hardware: We can accept door lever handles, cabinet hardware, gate latches/turnbuckle eye-and-eye, nails, screws, etc. as long as it is new or like new with no rust.
- Lumber: Full lengths must be at least 8 ft. long; we also take full sheets of plywood, trex and sheetrock. All must be nail- and paint-free.
- Paint: New and unopened in neutral colors with case quantities of 10 gallons or more.
- Safety: We will take grab bars in good condition, water heater straps, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, handrail materials, ramp materials, and bathtub or toilet accessibility aids.
- Tools: Hand and power tools are accepted if they are clean and in working condition.
We do not accept: Doors, furnaces, furniture, mirrors or glass, pipes (pvc, copper, or other), roofing or gutters, screens, wallpaper, water heaters or windows. If we cannot take an item we recommend also checking with Habitat for Humanity Restore at 1411 Industrial Rd, San Carlos or Building Resources 701 Amador St., San Francisco.
Are you an avid user of the online shopping site, Amazon? Did you know that Amazon, through the AmazonSmile Foundation, will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to a charitable organization of your choice if you shop on smile.amazon.com?
AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The only difference between AmazonSmile and Amazon is that at checkout, AmazonSmile will calculate 0.5% of your purchase price and donate that amount from the AmazonSmile Foundation to a charitable organization of your choice!
To select Rebuilding Together Peninsula as the charitable organization for your AmazonSmile donation, simply use this URL to do your online shopping (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3106209)! Or, visit smile.amazon.com and select Rebuilding Together Peninsula as your charitable organization of choice.