Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP) seeks a creative, social media-savvy and solution-oriented Development Coordinator to support our fund development and marketing efforts.
Our mission--repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives-- is based on the belief that a healthy community starts with a safe and livable home. Toward that end, RTP provides free, minor home repair, accessibility modifications and energy-efficient upgrades to those in need. In so doing, we ensure individual health, well-being and dignity for home owners in need and for community-based facilities, preserve affordable home ownership, and enhance local pride. In addition, we accomplish this primarily by bringing volunteers and community residents together, thereby harnessing the power of volunteerism to transform lives.
We provide home repair year-round and also drive an annual tradition, National Rebuilding Day, which brings over 2000 volunteers together to repair homes and community-based organizations throughout San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties. As we enter our 30th year, Rebuilding Together Peninsula, is one of the largest of the over 130 affiliates of Rebuilding Together Inc., a national nonprofit, has an operating budget of nearly $2 million and additionally benefits from nearly $1 million worth of donated resources and volunteer time annually.
The Development Coordinator will support our fundraising and marketing activities as a thought-partner, helping us expand our unique role in helping preserve homeownership among extremely low-income residents in San Mateo County and beyond. This is a full-time, exempt position based in Redwood City, and reports to the Manager of Development and Communications.
The Ideal Candidate
Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP) is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative professional who is passionate about supporting vulnerable low-income homeowners and inspiring stakeholders with our social impact. The Development Coordinator will support our fund development efforts, manage our on-line presence across all social platforms and track KPI’s, This position requires someone with exceptional communication skills, the patience to pay keen attention to detail, an appetite for learning and cultivating new skills, a can-do attitude and flexibility. You should have experience in the nonprofit sector as shown by relevant work or volunteer experience.
Development Administration (30%)
- Process all donor acknowledgements in a timely manner including data entry, credit card processing, and check deposit.
- Ensure personalized recognition of all gifts including drafting acknowledgement letters and tracking and coordinating personal acknowledgements to be made by Executive Director.
- Assist with production of sponsor/donor materials (brochures, program materials, solicitation letters).
- Maintain donor database.
- Support the Manager of Development and Communications to design and implement a social media plan.
- Manage RTP’s website.
- Draft text and edit publications (annual reports, annual appeals, flyers, etc.).
- Capture the right information with the right media
- Work closely with designer on agency collateral.
- Curate social media accounts and manage RTP’s larger online presence through blogs, etc.
- Connect the organization to broader community issues and/or news.
- Conduct client and volunteer interviews and manage organization of testimonials.
Special Events (20%)
- Support planning, logistics, and set-up for special events.
- Coordinate donor appreciation dinners.
- Support biennial fundraiser.
Grant/Contract Management (15%)
- Maintain application and reporting calendar.
- Work with staff to obtain programmatic information as needed.
- Manage grant system in Salesforce to track proposals, reports, giving history, and records of funder relationships.
- Administrative support to ensure timely completion of grant applications and reports.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following:
- Commitment to RTP’s mission and values
- Passion for serving low-income homeowners and communities.
- Impeccable organizational skills, with significant attention to detail.
- Proven administrative and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing, speaking.
- The ability to effectively represent RTP, its programs and clients among diverse stakeholders in the community.
- Strong customer service mindset and superior interpersonal skills.
- Proactively engage in a collaborative team environment and work independently as needed.
- Avid learner.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, Excel, cloud-based storage systems, and computer design programs and/or eagerness to learn.
- Effectively utilize information technology, social media, and basic office software including Google Apps and MS Office. Familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Prior experience with CRM database (ideally Salesforce) preferred.
- Prior experience with computer design programs is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support fundraising and community events
- Pass a background check and fingerprinting.
RTP offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, dental and vision insurance at no cost to all regular full-time employees. We also offer retirement plan benefits to eligible employees. In addition to standard sick leave and vacation accrual, RTP recognizes 13 paid holidays and shuts down for all business days between Christmas & New Year’s Day. Starting salary range is between $50,000-$55,000. Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political belief or activity or status as a veteran.
How to Apply:
Confidential Application Process: Email your cover letter (Word or PDF document) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, compensation requirements and experience along with a current resume to: email@example.com. Please note “Development Coordinator” in the subject field. Resumes must have a cover letter in order to be considered. For more information about the organization, visit http://www.RTPeninsula.org. No phone calls, please.